A subtle blend of " Melon du Quercy ", basil and duck ham
Preparation : 30 min
- 2 melons of 700 to 800 gms
- 100 gms duck ham (cured duck breast)
- 2 sprigs of basil
- bunches of redcurrants
- sea salt
- freshly-ground pepper
- Cut the melons in half horizontally.
- Remove the seeds. Peel each half and slice the flesh very thinly.
- Arrange in a rosette on individual plates.
- Intersperse or scatter with the cured duck breast, cut into fine strips and fat removed, and sprinkle with chopped basil..
- Decorate with small bunches of redcurrants.
- At the last moment, grind some white pepper over it and dust with the finest sea salt. Serve chilled.
Variation : you can splash some "eau de noix" (walnut spirit) over it, but leave out the basil.