Effort first, comfort afterwards...
Accommodation with "Rando-Etape" approval is adapted to the needs of non-motorised travellers.
It may be a gîte d'étape (stopover gîte), B & B accommodation, a hotel or any other type of accommodation meeting a precise set of specifications.
Such accommodation is located less than 2 kms from a GR long-distance path or a bridle path, is open from Easter to All Saints and has a minimum capacity of 6 beds.
Rando Etape accommodation in the Lot guarantees :
- Someone on the spot to welcome you and help you settle in
- Information about the services and accommodation for your next stage
- Charges for services offered will be clearly displayed
- Access to the weather forecast (internet or paper)
- Meal facilities : table d’hôtes on site or kitchen area for guests' use with basic food products available, or at the very least, a micro-wave available
- Meal basket or picnic can be provided on reservation
- A breakfast suitable for walkers adapted to suit your morning departure time
- Clothes washing and drying service
- Somewhere to store your rambling equipment and somewhere to wash it
- An enclosed space in which to store equipment and dry it in rainy weather
- An IGN map of the area in which your accommodation stands will be on display
- Availability of baggage transport by the proprietor or an external agent