Quercy fig profiteroles, with saffron sauce
- 12 fresh figs
- 2 whole star anise
- 200 gms sugar
- 2 dl water
- 10 cl of Saffron sauce (2 dl thin custard – 0.2 gm saffron – 5 cl fresh cream)
- 40 gms vanilla ice cream
- Bring the cream to the boil.
- incorporate the saffron and leave to infuse until completely cold.
- Add the custard and set aside.
- Boil the water, sugar and star anise to obtain a syrup.
- Wash the figs and poach them for a few minutes in the syrup. Drain and cool.
- To assemble : In a soup plate, arrange the lower halves of three figs cut in two across the middle.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on each one and top with the upper half of the fig.
Serve with a ring of saffron sauce and decorate with strands of saffron.