See photos (3)

Campanile de l'ancien collège des Jésuites

Ruins and remains in Cahors
  • The Jesuits settled first in the buildings of the old college du Quercy (XVIth century). They modify the old chapel of Saint-Michel-des-Pauvres, which they now dedicate to Ignace de Loyola, founder of the order, and entrust the realization of his decorated painting to two Jesuits: François Blanc and Jean Planchette.

    The Jesuits built two imposing main building elements, at the junction of which a large staircase was built with straight flights. In the center of the establishment, the...
    The Jesuits settled first in the buildings of the old college du Quercy (XVIth century). They modify the old chapel of Saint-Michel-des-Pauvres, which they now dedicate to Ignace de Loyola, founder of the order, and entrust the realization of his decorated painting to two Jesuits: François Blanc and Jean Planchette.

    The Jesuits built two imposing main building elements, at the junction of which a large staircase was built with straight flights. In the center of the establishment, the Déclamation room has a remarkable French ceiling. In 1676, the architect Antoine Chassagnard was entrusted with the construction of the bell-tower over the college.
Services
  • Services
    • Pets allowed
  • Rates 2022
  • Free place